Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Moms are Important

Jamie: Mom my classmates and I are thinking of going to Disneyland.

Me: U-huh...

Jamie: But we can only bring one parent.

Me: Ok....(Thought bubble: Oh no! How am I going to tell Aaron he can't come to Disney!)

Jamie: I'm taking papa cause he's fun!

Me: What?!!!! And what am I?

Jamie: Uhm....you're important.

Tell me, what kind of a descriptive is "important" compared to "fun"?


Apparently, my daughter associates me with "important things" such as making dinner, laundry, cleaning, etc. While my husband is associated with tickle-time, funny stories, jokes, and having fun.

I am not complaining. I'm just surprised that at a very young age, my daughter is unconsciously stereo-typing. I know we don't define roles at home and everyone works together as a team. So where does she get these distinctions from? Traditional books? Television? Classmates?

 I say, I spend a lot of reading and cuddle time with her! And my husband does chores too. Doesn't that mean He's important and I am fun too?

Here's a photo of her with each of us. Who looks more fun?


Oh well...

1 comment:

  1. DUH?!!!! Aaron is FUN!!! but Mara dear you are very IMPORTANT to me too :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete