Monday, February 18, 2013

Fussing About Me

Lately I have been obsessing about skincare products. I am not usually the "girly" kind. I hardly put on make up, I do not go bonkers over shoes (although I love bags and have about 200 of them in my closet), I am not a shopaholic, and opt for beer over lady cocktails.

But a few weeks ago, I started to open my drawer-ful of toners, moisturizers, cleansers, masks, etc., which I rarely use.

I wonder if this is a hormonal thing or, subconsciously, am I just fearing nearing the age of 40?

I am not afraid of growing old and that's for sure. I have two beautiful children and a husband who makes me laugh. So I know that no matter how wrinkly I get, I remain loved.

This sudden urge to browse feminine products is overwhelming! The variety, the prices...ooooh! So many!

I have not decided yet on a permanent basic skin care routine, but, I started getting sample of facial toner and emulsion last weekend. First stop: The Skinfood. I bought their lipstick and loved it so I am trying their lettuce and cucumber toner and emulsion. I use this in the morning before going off to work.

For the middle of the day, I bought the Equate Refreshing Towelletes. Then I put on The Skinfood's Avocado or Rice emulsion.

At night, I am using Mary Kay's Timewise 1 and 2 right after I wash off with St. Ive's Apricot Scrub.

I don't know what this mix of facial products will result to, but I sure hope it keeps my female hormones down for the time being--before it escalates to more womanly needs...shoes, fragrance, more purses, and jewelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment