Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dates to Remember

August 26.
I met my husband on a 26th of August (the year of which I will deliberately fail to mention), courtesy of our common married friends. It was a casual sushi dinner at a restaurant at The Block in Orange County. It was the first time I tried uni (sea urchin) sushi and I loved the buttery succulence of the delicacy. The uni would be among the many firsts my husband and I would try together...food, places, Broadway shows, and many more.


February 22.
The following year, on this date, we decided we would see each other exclusively.

May 16.
We got engaged.

August 26.

Exactly four years from our first date (another 26th of August), we got married civilly. It was witnessed by the couple who initially introduced us.

January 11.
Five months after, we had our ceremonial, religious wedding celebrated by our family and closest friends.

These are milestones in our lives as a couple. As boyfriend-girlfriend. As husband and wife. As parents. As friends. As partners. We will always remember these dates, as we grow old, hopefully, together.

On the coming 22nd of February, I want him to know that I am still thankful that I met him over uni. I can't wait for many more adventures that we have yet to discover.

"Happy Exclusively Dating Anniversary," my Aaron! I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment