Friday, March 15, 2013

On Prayers

My husband just sent me a link to an article titled "Argentine Celebrates Slum Pope". The writer, Luis Andres Henao, narrates how the holy man we now call "papa" was one with the poor. Interviews with those who knew him spoke of his meekness and humility. They described his simplicity. Spoke of his dedication to drug rehab and carpentry workshop programs.

Being Filipino, I was rooting for Bishop Chito Tagle, who, two days ago, posted a sincere message on joining the world in praying for the newly elected pope. After reading both messages, I felt a sense of identification to the new pope :) I do not know him from Adam, but there is that glimmer of a warm feeling that's been sparked knowing how well-loved he is...both by his countrymen and his contenders.

If there was a way Pope Francis could include my intentions in his prayers, what would mine be?
1. Complete recovery of Aquiles Gaborro
2. Full recovery Nicholas Guevara
3. Complete healing and recovery of Cora Laman
4. Continued strength and health of Aida Gaborro
5. Long, healthy, and happy lives for Mar & Rose Morales
6. My everyday prayer: Keep my children safe and healthy--all their lives.
7. Bring my husband home back safely to me, everyday, for as long as we live.
8. A 12-passenger van to fit more of our children please?

What would your prayers be?

*Link my husband sent: http://www.theitem.com/news/ap_news/argentines-celebrate-francis-as-their-slum-pope/article_e3e3289b-2202-5382-9f79-d8e7008fa7f7.html

No comments:

Post a Comment